On 9/9/18 5:54 PM, Ken M wrote:
On Sun, Sep 09, 2018 at 05:49:31PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
In a nutshell, monitoring email is concentrating on what is really
likely to be one of the less problematic areas. The others, which IMO
are MUCH more likely to be involved if any problems do occur, are less
amenable to this sort of treatment.

(For my children, 12-16, email is pretty much a last resort if other
methods aren't available, I think that's pretty common nowadays).

It's funny how things change per generation in tech. Even though I have a smart
phone if I really have to compose a message I want a keyboard. And for
communication I so prefer email because it can truly work on all connected
devices where chat, and texts and other apps I am more at the mercy of an app or
proprietary api, meanwhile with email I sync my mutt config and I have the
terminal and vi style interface to work with that can be the same everywhere.

I am now the fuddy duddy...

Ken

Lol... :-) Perhaps showing the kids a DEC VT100 style terminal might get their attention (though in good way or bad??) as through serial port text based mail will work great on those; Mutt or Alpine etc...

Though this is completely off-topic now! ;-)