On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 08:04:32PM +0100, Radek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would gladly play with your script. Would you please share it @misc. Maybe
> our community could develope it further...
>
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 12:43:15 -0600
> ed...@pettijohn-web.com wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 09:30:38AM +1100, Aaron Mason wrote:
> > > I knew it wouldn't trigger on the first attempt, but I had a sneaking
> > > suspicion that you'd need something to listen on that port.  Is there
> > > a way to achieve what we seek, in that case, without userland tools?

> > > --
> > > Aaron Mason - Programmer, open source addict
> > > I've taken my software vows - for beta or for worse
> > >

> > I wrote a little daemon to do what we're looking for. It listens on
> > specified ports, accepts the connection and executes a script so you can
> > either use something like logger or pfctl, etc to do what you want with
> > the address it connected from. If anyone wants to play with it let me
> > know and I'll send you the tarball.
> >
> > Edgar
> >

> --
> radek

It can be obtained at http://www.pettijohn-web.com/void-1.0.0.tar.gz

The manual isn't quite complete. The supplied script could really use
some help as well as an rc script. The makefile is also cobbled
together. It is pledged and unveiled. I think it can have a few of the
pledges removed, but I haven't gotten that far. I think it is unveiled
correctly, but this was my first time playing with it.

The only requirement is libevent2 to aid in portability, which was the
driving force behind executing a script so that it could tie into
whatever packet filter is in use. Any constructive suggestions and
patches are more than welcome.

Enjoy.

Edgar