> On 2019-07-13, "Jonathan Drews" <easyfashioncloth...@gmx.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Folks:  I need some recommendations on what brand of printers will
> > work
> > with Ghostscript (Postscript). The cartridges for my 15 year old HP
> > Deskjet have gotten too expensive. I know Xerox makes some
> > Postscript printers. Are there any other manufactureres of Postscript
> > printers?

Ghostscript is a filter app which converts various inputs to a PDL
(page definition language)
which a printer supports. I would recommend reading 'Printers' chapter
in older edition
of 'UNIX and Linux system administration handbook', it describes all
things in human
language :) Anyway, to learn more about printing, just write a filter
which would `cat' input
file to a 'output' file, you will see that top of the file data
contains additional info like user
invoking the printing etc... Very interesting for curious people.

j.