Hi,

This might be a bit weird question, but I saw the wireguard being put in
the kernel in the last few days and I am very existed abut it oppose to
use the package on it and even today there was more on it.

Many thanks for this!!!

I also know there was effort and some Cisco router can run OpenBSD very
well, however I have no clue as to any of this stand now.

I don't have a problem to use APU type or other Ubiquit for small
OpenBSD router, but I wonder about using Cisco instead. The only reason
is for may be more stability, most likely less performance for sure, but
less change to have corrupted reboot on power lost, etc.

And sadly for some customers having what they see as computer as router
don't make them fell good, but seeing a Cisco box kind of wipe out the
impression. I am not saying it's justify, but perception is sometime
everything, but if I have my say in it I want all my routers to be
OpenBSD as much as I can where the needs is not to multiple Gb in speed.

So, any suggestion or updates as to what's now available and hopefully
in use now.

I really don't care for any special model, or even Juniper, as long as I
can put OpenBSD on it.

So any feedback as to where it's stand now and what's usable in a
reliable way would be greatly appreciated.

And yes I know I may well get better performance in some cases with a
small APU device then a Cisco one, but that's for what we all know may
not be logical to be used, but for sadly how some clients may fell, not
knowing any better.

I guess you can see that as some people do security by obstruction, but
we al know it's not more secure, this is routing by obstruction I guess
and may be less performant, but achieve comfort obstruction confidence.

I just have no clue if wireguard needs to be run, what can be achieve as
the CPU in all Cisco device is always under power, we all know that.

This may not go anywhere, however I liked to look even if for nothing
else then just being fun to do if that can't even be usable.

Many thanks for your time and feedback.

Daniel

PS; And yes, that's most likely stupid I know. Sometime what's used is
not always what make sense for other reason that are stupid.