I just completed to clean my system looking sysclean output on a spare
stick. I gained something mostly from /usr/lib but neither a lot of
stuff.
As someone has shared with me some data, its amd64 partition size
I want to show you this from my *cleaned* system:

MrCleaner# pwd
/usr
MrCleaner# du -h -d 1
235M    ./lib
629M    ./bin
1.9M    ./games
47.7M   ./include
52.7M   ./libdata
84.3M   ./libexec
612K    ./mdec
19.9M   ./sbin
730M    ./share
449M    ./X11R6
2.0K    ./src
2.0K    ./obj
2.0K    ./xobj
7.0G    ./local
9.2G    .

with /usr (2.2G used of 3G) and /usr/local (7G used of 9.6G)

I'm still not sure if with this layout I can do a sysupgrade.

But more importantly I believe that the difference between 1.5G and
2.2G used space is something it needs to be noticed.

-- Daniele Bonini