On Fri, Aug 18, 2023 at 2:22 AM Scott Cheloha <scottchel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Aug 17, 2023, at 10:28, whistlez <whistlez...@riseup.net> wrote:
> >
> > [...] I believe we need to realize that, while the kernel is very
> > secure, zero-day vulnerabilities are always a lurking threat.
> >
> > For those that don't know what is volatility, this is github page
> > https://github.com/volatilityfoundation/volatility3
>
> What is the utility of this software?  How
> would supporting it benefit the project?
>
> I read the summary on Github.  I am still
> more or less completely in the dark on
> why I or anyone would want to use it.

Agreed. After reading their FAQ I still don't understand - it's most
definitely a made-up FAQ of questions no one asked, but things they
want to tell.

One thing that sticks out to me is that they felt the need to make up
their own custom license, the Volatility Software License. Doing
something like that in 2019 seems a bit weird.