I replaced my 8 Pro fans with Noctua units and I'm pretty happy with them;
they came with several adapters that allow you to choose the speed of the
fans.

Converting to passive cooling, if you have enough room on the cabinet and
are a proficient user of drills, I'd try to (i) remove the heatsink of the
CPU, (ii) drill a hole on the top case, (iii) put a little wire to measure
the distance from the case to the surface of the CPU, (iv) go to the
hardware store to get some aluminium profiles, (v) cut and pile then up the
distance between cover and CPU and there you go. With a little luck the
case top will go HOT, and the CPU will chump happily. No guarantees implied
(take into account I live in a quite cold place xDDD).

Regards!