On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 05:31:21 +0200,
"Nathaniel Griswold" <n...@fastmail.com> wrote:

> > I had near the same question sometime ago but on different machine, and I've
> > discovered a patch which I've inlinded into this email.
> >

> Hm, ok, i'll try it. Do you have any insight into whether obsdfreqd has
> similar power saving to this patch? It seems to set the perf similarly. I
> wasn't having much luck with obsdfreqd as far as wattage, however...

Well, I haven't tried it but I've read documentation [1] and it seems a bit
differently, isn't it?

On idle this laptop has on 400 MHz, and provided patch decrease
responsibility of system when it runs on battery, but allows to win some
time on it. Like additionall half an hour or a bit more.

Frankly speaking I never care about watt consumption, but offline time which
is depend on it is important in my case, so here the recovered patch.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://git.sr.ht/~solene/obsdfreqd

--
wbr, Kirill