> Well, I haven't tried it but I've read documentation [1] and it seems a bit
> differently, isn't it?
Um, obsdfreqd sets a cpu frequency “percentage” which I thought might just be
setperf. One difference is it sets a range based on a usage algorithm while
solene’s patch seems to setperf 100 or zero based on <1/3 idle with a 2 cycle
(400ms) backoff.

My serperf seems to be at a consistent zero in my idle tests which makes me
think the patch may not help my idle tests much, but may help actual usage.

> On idle this laptop has on 400 MHz, and provided patch decrease
> responsibility of system when it runs on battery, but allows to win some
> time on it. Like additionall half an hour or a bit more.
>
> Frankly speaking I never care about watt consumption, but offline time which
> is depend on it is important in my case, so here the recovered patch.

Ok