Dear Anon Loli:

> (...)
> software should be free, and non-personal information should be free,
> too, without any IP or a requirement for a file "LICENSE".. those are
> just my 2 cents..

if you don't say something about using or redisributing your software or
code then nobody knows and noone can be sure if its allowed to do this
or that.
Just to make it clear for everyone you can give a statement about these
topics.
A good place for this statement is to include a file and call it
LICENSE.

> (...), would you use a open source peace of software that in the README
> says "you can use it for whatever you want with no strings attached,
> and that's it

In the end it is your decision. Whether you want to hide the text
down in the README or something else.
If you are the creator, it's your work and your rules apply.

> I'm not sure about the license thought... as I despise licenses and even
> having
> a copyleft license like CC is getting on my nerves, ...

creative commons (CC) recommend against using their licenses
for software.
Very similar to most Creative Commons licenses are Permissive software
licenses (e.g. Apache 2.0 License or MIT License)
But here again: if it is your work then you decide the ways share your work.