Дана 24/07/13 02:18AM, Pontus Stenetorp написа:
> I take it you have that function for cases where the number of files
> is very large and would not fit the buffer for your shell?

Actually, now that I think of it, that might be the reason why I wrote
that function using find more than two years ago. For most
repositories, there is no difference between using it and plain `wc -l`
with a long list of arguments, but if there are a lot of *.c and *.h
files in subdirectories of $HOME:

        $ cd
        $ wc -l $(find . -name '*.[ch]')
        E: /bin/mksh: /usr/bin/wc: Argument list too long

and it is not shell-specific; it depends on the system variable
ARG_MAX, which is on OpenBSD:

        $ getconf ARG_MAX
        524288

More on this: