Il 17/07/2024 12:05, 04-psyche.tot...@icloud.com ha scritto:

RAID1 on the overlapping capacity: I don't like that idea much because RAID1
has an extra cost where any modification on disk1 will be performed on disk2. I
want to reap the benefits of having disk1 for the OS and disk2 for data. That
makes the overall system much faster, because each drive is ddicated to 1 task,
and each task is independent.

If you simply want to make sure disk2 is somehow bootable, investigate altroot too. man daily(8), see ROOTBACKUP.

BTW, in my own experience, BIOS manufacturers always find new, funny ways to make sure machines won't come back up without manual intervention if the primary disk fails.
Good luck,