On Thursday 14 September 2006 00:10, you wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:53:04 -0400, "steve szmidt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> said:
> > * Defaulting to bash, easier to use - Implemented.
>
> OMG, not this again....
> If you like bash install it.

It was simply a perception. I have not even checked but was surprised when the
default shell included the keyboard command buffer.

> > VI is proabably the worst as it gets a lot of use. It requires a lot more
> > keystrokes than it's newer versions. It also requires a lot more
> > attention to track the mode it is in. The newer VI is more like an
> > typical editor and yet retained it's power.
>
> This makes no sense. Vi is vi.
> You're not confusing vi with vim, are you?

Yes, as noted in the earlier email. :)

--

Steve Szmidt

"To enjoy the right of political self-government, men must be
capable of personal self-government - the virtue of self-control.
A people without decency cannot be secure in its liberty.
                        From the Declaration Principles