On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 12:07:56PM -0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Does that categorically mean there is no way, as of the moment, in
> openbgp to use a dummy interface just like in Quagga?

There are no dummy interfaces. If you like to use a loopback interface
create one.

# cat > /etc/hostname.lo1
inet 10.83.66.128 255.255.255.255 NONE
# sh /etc/netstart lo1

That's it. You have a loopback address that can be used in bgpd.

neighbor 10.83.66.164 {
        remote-as 65123
        local-address 10.83.66.128
}

I guess that's what you are looking for. bgpd does not realy care about
interfaces. Interfaces and their link state are only used to figure out
the availability of nexthops.

Btw. for ospfd you can use "interface lo1" to reliably redistribute the
loopback address.

--
:wq Claudio