On Mar 17, 2007, at 11:50 AM, Karel Kulhavy wrote:

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 05:53:10AM +0000, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
On 03/15/2007 11:55:44 PM, Kian Mohageri wrote:

Security isn't about receiving notifications to your Inbox in a timely fashion. It is about being proactive yourself. You should be the one
taking measures to secure your systems, and you should be the one
ACTIVELY
LOOKING for problems.  Watching mailing lists isn't enough, and this
was
announced very early on the ERRATA page.

Perhaps my problem is that until this thread it wasn't
clear to me that the errata page was inherently more
reliable than the mailing list.  From a technical
perspective I see no reason why either can't be equally
reliable.  How am I to know?

There are so many points to refer to regarding security - Errata page, misc mailing list, security-announce, Slashdot. It's easy to get confused. The ergonomy of work is decreased. Decrease the ergonomy of work and your accident
rate goes up. That means, more people failing to upgrade their system
containing with security problem.
No. Everybody with a clue knows that there is two sources for good data. The errata page and source-changes. Everything else is just gravy or noise. Welcome to that club. Now you know everything you need to and just like the rest of OpenBSD it's simple, elegant, powerful, and very usable once you stop fighting the system and start using it.

CL<

They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose.