On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 03:54:41 -0400, Gordon Willem Klok wrote:

>I'm one of those users with my atheros-based
>> wireless card I'm using right now. I know what I'm doing. I don't feel
>> less safe. I don't audit every single driver I use. And I'm happy to use
>> OS which gives me the choice.

I'm one of the other users with an atheros wireless card in an IBM
Thinkpad I'm using right now on another desk.

And I know what I'm doing and I feel really safe because I'm happily
using an OS which really gives me lots of choice and doesn't force
blobs down my throat.

OpenBSD.

BTW the fact that some people are great programmers doesn't mean that
they are great judges of ethics or art or politics or anything outside
their area of expertise.

Judging their nous about other subjects by their code is like taking
corporate investment advice from a teenage rockstar.

That comment doesn't imply that they cannot have any other skills like
being clueful about really open code. It is just the case that you
cannot imply it where no evidence exists.
R/

>From the land "down under": Australia.
Do we look <umop apisdn> from up over?