Ted Unangst wrote:
On 5/8/07, Daniel Ouellet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
first, are you sure you are testing the server and not the client?

I will try a different server. For now, I use a Sun V120 with nothing running on it as the client. I will use more beef one to be sure and report back.

Also PF is not running on either client and servers for tests.

I also try these tests:

net.inet.ip.maxqueue=300 -> 1000

and

kern.somaxconn: 128 -> 512

In any case, what I see is that I can't pass 5.8Mb/sec on the old i386 server and 9.0Mb/sec on the HP145 AMD64 one regardless if I use 100 parallel connection or 400. More then 400 really put all numbers down and delay, lost, etc.

second, what happens if you start another web server on port 8080 and
test simultaneously?

No, but I will. I am really looking for any ideas as I am at a lost and I will use heavyer clients to be sure it's not the problem here.