Otto Moerbeek wrote:
Where are the OS bottleneck that I can may be improve here?

Loks at the memory usage. 300 httpd procces could take up 3000M
easily, especially with stuff like php. In that case, the machine
starts swapping and your hit the roof. As a general rul, do not allow
more httpd procces than our machine can handle without swapping. Also,
a long KeepAliveTmeout can works against you, by holding slots.

Thanks Otto,

I am still doing tests and tweak, but as far as swap, I checked that and same for keep alive in httpd.conf and I even changed it in:

net.inet.tcp.keepinittime=10
net.inet.tcp.keepidle=30
net.inet.tcp.keepintvl=30

For testing only. I am not saying the value above are any good, but I am testing multiple things and reading a lot on sysctl and what each one does.

KeepAliveTmeout is at 5 seconds.

No swapping is happening, even with 1000 httpd running.

load averages: 123.63, 39.74, 63.3285                      01:26:47
1064 processes:1063 idle, 1 on processor
CPU states: 0.8% user, 0.0% nice, 3.1% system, 0.8% interrupt, 95.4% idle
Memory: Real: 648M/1293M act/tot  Free: 711M  Swap: 0K/4096M used/tot