On 10/4/07, Julian Leyh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> IIRC, you can't use vnd0 for partitions, somehow it causes problems. But
> if you use vnd1 or a higher number, it should just work.

About the only reason I could see for that being the case is that the
release(8) process is hard-coded to use vnd0 for making disk images.
If you already have vnd0 mounted as a crypto device, you won't be able
to make the installer images. Aside from that, I see nothing that
would preclude you from using something other than a file as a source
of blocks for vnd0 to use.

CK