Lars NoodC)n wrote:
Refer to the original question.  The implication was evading the Great
Firewall of China.  For that, a tunnel is probably advisable.

Yes, I saw that, but as far as I am aware, that cowardly evil oriental
government only blocks access to certain sites for its serfs, and not
the net as a whole.

As per:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_the_People's_Republic_of_
China

"The banning appears to be mostly uncoordinated and ad-hoc"

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Transwiki:Bypassing_the_Great_Firewall_of_China
http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/Proxying_and_Filtering/Hosted_Proxy_Se
rvices/
http://www.scroogle.org/

And if that filthy government were actually concerned with Chinese
Internet users observing proper online conduct, they would stop spaming,
but no, they encourage it as a means of attack on the superior west.
Refer to Jingjing