On 04/11/2007, ropers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I know I shouldn't feed the trolls, but Sorry, Could Not Resist:
>
> (...)
>
> If you really believe that your way works better, go ahead and fork.
> Make your TimoBSD, where you are absolutely free to set the tone in
> any way you want. If you really believe that your way works better,
> then prove your point. Put your words into action and see if you
> attract more and better developers and if you can produce better code
> with TimoBSD. OpenBSD is widely considered the most secure OS bar
> none, has only had 2 remote exploits in over 10 years, yadda, yadda,
> yadda. The NetBSD bellends argued similarly to what's in your email,
> and OpenBSD, after starting as a NetBSD fork, is now twice as popular
> as NetBSD, without even ever trying to win any kind of popularity
> contests. ( http://tinyurl.com/28zowl ) I dare say, Theo has been
> proved correct. But again, if you want to revisit the old and lame
> style-vs-substance debate, go right ahead. Code is better than emails.
> Try to make TimoBSD have better code than OpenBSD with your style over
> substance approach. I dare you and I double-dare you. See how far you
> get.

Second thought, you don't even have to fork. Your TimoBSD already
exists. It's called NetBSD. You can go right ahead and join them. They
rule by committee, they are known to have been "nice" (i.e.
politically correct but inhumane and bonkers**), and I'm sure with
your masterful efforts you will lead them to world domination.

--ropers

**For crissakes, they even substituted their really cool logo with a
bland flag, for fear of offending their valued anti-swearing,
evolution-denying "reborn" US-American "Christian" audience.