Thus William Pitcock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spake Sun, 04 Nov
2007 09:17:53 -0600:

> On Sun, 2007-11-04 at 13:39 +0100, Timo Schoeler wrote:
> > What part of my email did *you* read _and_ understand? Obviously
> > _not_ the part that I _like_ OpenBSD, but I _dislike_ how it's being
> > destroyed? :)
>
> Then fork OpenBSD.

No reason.

> Sitting here and whining about how it is "being
> destroyed" just makes you look like a jerk.

First, I'm not whining. I pointed something out. That's a big
difference even a developer should know. (I do.)

Second, it does not really affect _me_ if OpenBSD passes by. But it
will affect others.

Being Cassandra always was a job nobody wanted to have.

> BSD puts the power in the
> your hands to fix things when you don't like how they are going. This
> is done by forking.

Then why don't you fork instead of answering to this email?

> If everything was a perfect world, then there
> would only be one version of BSD which solved everybody's problems,
> one distribution of Linux which solved everybody's problems,
> etcetera, but it isn't.

(No. There were no computers.)

> If you're not willing to fork, or provide objective criticism

What part of my email did you actually read _and_ understand? (I like
this sentence!)

> of
> something other than "Theo is an asshole"

I _did_ _not_ _write_ this.

> (I mean come on, we've heard
> about this for like 15+ years),

Obviously, there must be a reason for this, no?

> then that makes you an asshole too.

Logic.

> While Theo might not have the best etiquette, at least he gives a
> damn, and really when it comes to it, that's all that matters,
> because BSD and free software in general are about _computing_, not
> manners and etiquette.

What a tiny world you live in. Who uses computers? Think of Henry Ford.

Best wishes,

Timo
iD8DBQFHLecDUY3eBSqOgOMRCu7WAKCtwy0qC/TmhZqzIbMKZEPy0+uqAgCffh+C
Yg7jMg1F+EvUiK4xPprWiSI=
=qMJx
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----