Daniel Ouellet wrote:
> Ste Jones wrote:
>> Just to say lighttpd appears to be BSD licensed
>> http://trac.lighttpd.net/trac/browser/trunk/COPYING
>
> Between appears to be and being, there is a difference.

Just to clarify: 1- the author claims that it is under the BSD license.
 Well, the author is the only one who can make it available under any
license, and he clearly states it's under that one. 2- In the tarball
distributed by the author, the author includes only one license: the BSD
license sans advertising clause.

Done.

That said, I'm using lighttpd right now and it gets a lot of things
right, but I still don't think it's quite there for distribution as part
of OpenBSD (he says, not being a developer in a position to decide).
--
 Matthew Weigel
 hacker