> The ports system may contain a general facility which could build and
> install any program.  (I don't know if it does.)  If so, I have
> nothing against that.  But it certainly contains specific recipes for
> installing specific non-free programs.  That's what I object to.

I believe that what you object (facilities to build non-free software)
is a really irrelevant issue. People should have the liberty to use
any software they so desire.
With that point of view of yours, one could condemn the use of Linux,
BSD or any other free OS on hardware platforms that are not open,
because the OS "encourages use of non-free hardware", but that is
taking things out of proportion :)

I also personally think that your concept of "freedom" is actually
less free then OpenBSD's project concept of freedom. But everyone
knows that already.

This is getting _tiresome_. Really... =(

--
An OpenBSD user... and that's all you need to know =)