Gilles Chehade wrote:

> I still know of many companies that did not switch to Linux because a
> free software foundation provided them with a version of gcc that can
> run on their proprietary OS and Richard still did not tell me why the
> fsf promotes the use of proprietary software by porting free software
> to it.

And there are many more of us that have migrated from non-free to free
in increments.

start with a web browser, or an editor, or a compiler, or ....

First you notice the stuff actually works, in fact its damn good,
then you start looking for more,
eventually you discover that most of what you are running is free
so you actively try to replace the few key apps that are not.
Then you move to a free OS.

Porting free software to non-free OS's builds a one-way bridge leading
to freedom.
burn the bridge down and lots of people will not be able to swim that far..