Darrin Chandler wrote:

> I judge people less by how much they agree with my own views than by how
> they adhere to their own. If I don't agree with someone but they stand
> by their principles then at least I know where they stand and that they
> have honor.

There is plenty of information outside this list on all the individuals,
their views, their lives and the extent they conform to them.

Forget what who said about who, find out what each has done, what they
have written,
what they beleive and how they have lived up to that. Check primary
sources, not rantings
on mailing lists.

It will also make it easier to appreciate that while this thread keeps
trying to set
it up that way this is not a contest between people. Admiring one, does
not compel you do
despise the other. Accepting one point of view does not automatically
make those holding
another evil.