"Brad Tilley" writes:
 > performed from the OpenBSD 4.2 install CD. I'll send it to the one
 > 'ISO Certified' company that agreed to examine it. If they cannot

You keep throwing around the 'ISO Certified' tag as if it had some
special meaning.  Certified to what standard?  It makes a difference.
If they are certified to the 9001 standard, for example, all it means
is that they have written procedures and they follow them.  That's
all it means.

ISO 9001 certification is actually pretty easy to get.  The companies
that fail to get it are trying to hard.  They come up with procedures
that sound great but are impossible to follow.  That's not what
certification means.

If I have a software company and write up a procedure that says
"all code will be developed on a laptop while sitting in a Starbucks"
and actually follow that procedure, then I can be an "ISO Certified"
company.

As for disk destruction... I don't know nor pretend to know what can
and can not be recovered.  Take a look at

https://www.dss.mil/portal/ShowBinary/BEA%20Repository/new_dss_internet/isp/odaa/documents/clear_n_san_matrix_06282007_rev_11122007.pdf

The DSS (Defense Security Service, part of the DoD) calls what you have
done "clearing" the disk.   It does not "sanitize" the disk.  To sanitize
you need to either degauss or destroy the disk.

// marc