Myth? Why are you so upset about this? It's not myth.

The techniques involved in recovering data in the manner Marco and the NSA,
DoD, and many others describe isn't a matter of running a simple software
tool. It's a long, slow, annoying process that is also costly. But it is
possible. Not every company or person in the forensics industry is a master
at their job. If they say it's not possible, perhaps it's just "not
something their software package does for them?" (I'm not trying to be
derogatory, but I do know a guy who does computer forensics work, and the
software/hardware he uses is about all he knows. He just goes through the
motions. Doesn't know all that much about filesystems or disks.)

Why are you so hellbent on proving everybody wrong, to the point of actually
shipping your drive off? It's by no means a myth. If it is, there are a
number of companies and government institutions interesting in how they
recover data in this fashion if it's "not possible." I'm having a hard time
believing