Lars NoodC)n wrote:
L wrote:
The first time I heard cult mentioned was when people were complaining
about open bsd being a cult of open bsd followers, or mean rude cult
members...

I assume you are talking about this dreadful thread.

Outside this thread the first time I heard cults mentioned was back in
the late 1990's in the context of the M$ boosters.

-Lars

Sorry.. yes I meant the first time I heard the 'cult' mentioned relating to openbsd...

The first time outside this thread I heard of the word cult was when I was in Religion class in school. I didn't like religion class... but I have to admit the warnings they gave me about cults in religion class were very helpful... because it is coming in handy when I study GNU. It was hilarious in class to watch videos of what type of cults were out there.. but now that I look at GNU I laugh every time I see it.

By the way.. you stole my name!
That's why I have 505 tacked on to the end.. so people can differentiate me from all the fraudulent Lars' out there like yourself!

Regards,
Lars (L505)