On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Paul D. Ouderkirk wrote:

> Probably your best bet to cover these requirements would be some old
> school Compaq Proliant
> with 2 or 4-way Pentium Pro CPUs.  You can find them clocked around 200MHz.

OpenBSD has troubles recognizing the SCSI drives on some of these.
(The ones I have, for instance).  Also, Compaqs use a persnickety,
proprietary bios setup routine that resides on disk -- they were
too cheap to pop a 64K ROM into their high end machines.  Compaqs
of this type require tweaking in boot.conf to recognize all their
memory, too.

NetBSD, OTOH, and OpenBSD before 3.9, work.  Proliant 800.

Believe it or not, there are only two obvious P-Pro machines on
ebay (us) right now.  One is an overdrive (330MHz), the other a
diskless Dell "Demention" (sic ;-) at 180.  They want 96$+ship
for that one.  It must have considerable antique value.

Dave
--
                          I told you so.
                                  -- Cassandra