On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 02:42:02PM +0200, Lars Nood?n wrote:
> Brett Lymn wrote:
>
> >Oddly this non-standard AD seems to interoperate with the Solaris ldap
> >client, an openldap client and with MIT kerberos just fine.
>
> Seems to, or actually does?  Or can be be pounded in after agreeing to
> non-Open licenses?

Alright.  I am Australian and we are renowned for understating
things.  Just to make it crystal clear for you Lars, I have used squid
integrated with Active Directory authentication using purely open
source tools (samba winbindd, MIT kerberos 5, openldap) for _years_.
It works - no ifs no buts, it just goes.  I can bind our Solaris
machines to the AD domain using samba, the AD management shows those
machines as valid clients in the AD forest.

> Point me to some more recent articles or documentation (without NDA
> requirements) which counter the following:

Lars, you are an idiot.  You are throwing up 8 year old articles
describing problems with operating systems that are now obsolete.  As
others have pointed out, what you are pointing at are non-issues and
MS has followed the RFC's.

> What I am saying is that without careful planning, injudicious use of
> the patch leads to further entrenchment of an unsound service and the
> unsound system in which it is embedded rather than as a transition to a
> more stable, secure and maintainable infrastructure.

Ah - you actually failed to answer that bit from my initial message.
I am wondering what this mythical infrastructure you write of is.

--
Brett Lymn
"Warning: