> Brett Lymn wrote:

> So, regarding these claims of interoperability, can you put
> LDAP+Kerberos+DNS services on an OpenBSD in a network of Windows clients
> and removed the need for any other machines running AD?

have a look at this:
http://www.kernel-panic.it/openbsd/pdc/

I found it on:
http://www.openbsdsupport.org/

> If yes, then you are correct and AD is standards compliant and a lot of
> effort can be saved by building OpenBSD/LDAP+Kerberos+DNS systems.

If you don't need to supoort Windows Vista client machines, you should be
all right.
Last time I checked you would need a very up-to-date version of Samba to
support Vista, but as a sysadmin I only use OpenBSD stable.

> If not, then these claims of interoperability are baloney (en_AU) and
> just marketeers feedin the chooks.

:-)

My clients are stuck with windows (ISVs and Exchange groupware features),
but one day...

I've only got OpenBSD in production use as file servers &
VPN/router/firewalls, so I can't help much further :-)

WFR,
Wim