On Feb 18, 2008 7:57 AM, Leonardo Rodrigues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Actually what Ted has done was utterly disastrous, he knows his own
> > code well enough to have completed it.
> > BTW, you are as big an oaf as Richard Stallman, you keep ranting about
> > how you've put in your blood, sweat and tears, but forget to
> > understand the point that without us users you are nothing.
>
> Wow...
> People should inform themselves instead of writing things like that.
> OpenBSD states very clearly that it has a developer culture, and not
> an user one. Just be grateful for the code that you get FOR FREE.
> Also, if you feel that the project helps you, give something back to
> the project (like code or donations) to keep it running, and to keep
> it helping YOU.
> The developers code and share their code not because they want to be
> famous or to receive accolades from the project's users, but because
> they are solving the problems that they have an interest. They don't
> own the users anything, instead, they give their code for free to
> whoever might find it useful.
>
> Is it so hard to understand that?

Leonardo, I've NEVER got any of the code for FREE, I've always paid
for it by buying CDs, unlike you who might have done an FTP install,
you're a cheap-skate aren't you.
Go buy yourself a CD set, contribute to the OpenBSD foundation, or
better still, since you are talking about flying pigs, go code up a
good application in C for OpenBSD or enhance an existing one.

~Mayuresh