Mayuresh Kathe ha scritto:
On Feb 19, 2008 5:16 PM, Duncan Patton a Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:33:12 +0530
"Mayuresh Kathe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It just led me to ponder, what is OpenBSD's ultimate goal?
What, exactly, is yours?

My ultimate goal is to have an OS which would give me;
stability,
security,
a better default window manager,
something as good as DTrace,
something as good as FireEngine,
a file system which would hold a lot of big files, you can assume it
to be porn if you want :-)
Download OpenSolaris from sun.com or ask Sun to send by mail, it's free of charge, and dont break anymore. A bunch of developers work every fuckin day to give us a good operating system, if you dont like it, change and dont bother.
and, a system which is as free off GNU software as possible.

That's the reason I've been gathering good C developers, so that they
could either;
1. take up complex projects like FireEngine/DTrace,
2. write replacements for as many GNU tools/utilities as possible,
3. be a landing stage for newer developers who get intimidated by the
intensity of the core developers.

Again, use OpenSolaris, in Sun new developers and core developers are just scared to be fired.
I've read thru this thread and you are remarkably obscure
about your intentions, but it seems to me that OBSD somehow
does not fit your marketing plan, which seems to have a lot
in common with "New, Improved, Diamond-shaped Shreddies".

I've clearly pointed out what I've wanted since my second mail to the thread.

I don't *have* a marketing plan, I'm a developer, remember?

Are you a java developer right? Perfect, work on OpenSDK or Glassfish project. Or at least for javadesktopsystem.
You can use on OpenSolaris Sun Studio or Netbeans, or eclipse.

~Mayuresh

I hope this thread need to be closed, this thread smell like a fish after four days.

Francesco

PS = You dont understand my english, ok, but i think this post it's sharp.period.