Come on guys, calm down, just stay what you are currently.
Just do your job.

Make OpenBSD the best router/firewall/server OS ever, you have the right features for that now,
and I hope you will extend it in the nearest future.

And do not listen to those trolls.

Thank you all for what you do guys.

--
With best regards,
   Gregory Edigarov

Mayuresh Kathe wrote:
Hi,

NOTE: No intention to behave like a troll.

I've been following the "multi-threaded ssh/scp" thread and read Ted's
comment that he's stopped working on the kernel threads code because
he doesn't have the time for it nor does he need it any more.
Also that multi-threaded ssh/scp would weaken security features within the OS.

It just led me to ponder, what is OpenBSD's ultimate goal?
Is it just to become the worlds most secure OS with as few remote
holes in the default install?
Shouldn't it also be our goal to be the best UNIX-like operating
system which is in tune with the current needs of users?

It would have been great to have a threaded kernel, there are
developer's I'm gathering around who wanted to change the TCP/IP stack
to make it higher performance, more like "Project FireEngine" under
Solaris 10.

OpenBSD is an OS with amazing security and stability, but it has too
few modern features.

It would be great if developers also start working on improving the
features currently offered by OpenBSD.
Else, we would end up becoming the world's most secure OS which is
used by just a handful of us faithful users.

You might ask what right do I have for this rant, what am I doing for OpenBSD?
Well I can't donate code directly as I'm a Java programmer and my C is
quite rusty (haven't coded in it in over 7 years).
But, yes, I do donate my time and money, indirectly, by recruiting
good C developers to the cause as well as buying stuff for core
developers off their wish lists.

Hope newer features get added, not that I'm unhappy with the OS (it
does almost everything I need an OS to do for me), but it would be
great if we had *more* smart developers and a wider base of good users
who get attracted to the OS for its robustness as well as feature-set.

Best,

~Mayuresh

--
With best regards,