Henning Brauer wrote:
* Marcus Andree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-03-18 12:31]:
<snip>
 back in time (but not to long ago), I served 3000 email accounts for
 a Swiss multinational insurance company on a P133 with 32MB RAM.

 That is no big deal, however.  sendmail and any Unix like system
 can handle that without problem.
Agreed. People nowadays seem to wrongly associate email with
Exchange Server bloatware.

well. it depends a LOT on your users' usage profile. I could not serve our customers from such an old machine.

well, we can't either nowadays, of course. much, much more iron in
place now;)

ok, the frontends are still 360MHz Sun netra t1s. But the storage backend is a 14 disk raid5 of 15k RPM U320 drives, plus a 6 disk raid5 of 10k RPM U320 drives - and that is needed.

It's amazing how little knowledge tech workers have about
network protocols...

ack ack ack ack ack