On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 3:52 AM, Raimo Niskanen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have also found patches (#3, #4 and #7) by Philip Guenther in
> the archives of this list from May 4.
>
> Can anyone enlighten me about if these/which patches still
> are useful or if there are fresher ones or if the
> 4.4 release kernel or the -current kernel already
> contains some of them...

Some of the patches have been applied, but I don't think exactly the
same as posted.  The remaining ones probably need an update as well.
As with most things, it is best to run current with the relevant
patches.  At this time, the posted patches aren't really relevant
anymore.

> Or even better, what is the preferred way to test
> rthreads for an application? I will build the application
> from source and will happily patch the build?

Build the rthreads library and install it as libpthread.  There's no
need or reason to rebuild the application.