On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 07:01:29AM -0700, Philip Guenther wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 12:38 AM, Raimo Niskanen
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Is it obvious how to build librthread.so?
>
> It's just like 99% of the directories in the source tree:
>  - make obj
>  - make depend
>  - make
>
> "make install" will install the shared and static libraries as
> 'librthread' into /usr/lib.
>
> (For those wondering what the 1% of directories are, those would be
> the kernel (described in the release(8) manpage) and the outside
> packages which have a Makefile.bsd-wrapper file to fit them into the
> tree.)

Thank you very much!

I have not seen this in any FAQ. It looks just as when
building patches, but as you say, there are exceptions,
and it is hard to know if this is an exception. It is
also hard to know if it installs as librthread or
as libpthread. Reading the makefile would give
the answer but I have not tried reading OpenBSD
makefiles yet since I know makefiles often are
very hard to decifre.

So this was very valuable intel, thank you again!