Todd T. Fries wrote:
Just out of curiosity, humor me, run qemu as root with the following added

        -net nic,vlan=0 -net tap,vlan=0

I've observed that at some point user mode networking has started segv'ed on
amd64 when running any qemu guest, and am sorry to report I have not yet
tracked down the source of the issue..

Please let me know if you have other experiences.

Thanks,

This was interesting; I learned some new things.

First I tried "su -"; then "qemu ..." - but this results in sdl errors.
The above -net options cause /etc/qemu-ifup to be invoked; it took me a few minutes to figure out how to make that work properly. When I try "export ETHER=em0 ; sudo -E qemu ..."; I am now able to send my files out of the guest - THANKS.

One problem - when I shutdown the guest, I get:
/etc/qemu-ifdown: could not launch network script
I run the script manually no problem.

BTW: Since I first started using Win98 under qemu about a year ago; I noticed that Win98 guest does not keep accurate time? It looks like only every other second is counted; so that after 2 hours, Win98 clock advanced only one hour. Does this also happen on other guests?

Frank