For OpenBSD 4.4 and current the flavor "bdb" is broken on openldap
BROKEN=    OpenLDAP 2.3 is incompatible with Berkeley DB 4.6

Most past articles have strongly suggested haveing openldap use "bdb"
as its storage method.  Seeing that even the current port is not ready
to implement OpenLDAP 2.4 suggests that using openldap without bdb may
not be so terrible.

Staying with openbsd is the choice, so we have to use a non bdb openldap
on openbsd 4.4 or current for now. Having always used the bdb flavor because literature suggested, I wonder
what problems for performance or maitenance in production will arise
by not using flavor bdb for openldap?