P.Pruett wrote:
For OpenBSD 4.4 and current the flavor "bdb" is broken on openldap
BROKEN=    OpenLDAP 2.3 is incompatible with Berkeley DB 4.6

Most past articles have strongly suggested haveing openldap use "bdb"
as its storage method.  Seeing that even the current port is not ready
to implement OpenLDAP 2.4 suggests that using openldap without bdb may
not be so terrible.

Staying with openbsd is the choice, so we have to use a non bdb openldap
on openbsd 4.4 or current for now. Having always used the bdb flavor because literature suggested, I wonder
what problems for performance or maitenance in production will arise
by not using flavor bdb for openldap?

I am still using openldap-server-2.3.33p1-bdb on openbsd 4.2 for the following reasons:

1) With ldbm, I was not able to do a slapcat etc. without stopping the ldap server. But with bdb, I did not experience any problems using slapcat while ldap server was running. 2) Replication worked better for me (3 slave servers using slurpd etc.) with bdb 3) syncrepl in test environment also seemed to work better with bdb (and not ldbm)

All the testing was done a while ago and it is highly likely that I had made major mistakes at that time. So I will try to set up 2.3.43 on 4.4 -current and verify this.

--
Vijay Sankar, M.Eng., P.Eng.
ForeTell Technologies Limited