* Obiozor Okeke <obiozorok...@yahoo.com> [090520 19:40]:
> Hi I am hoping to run an ESXi OpenBSD 4.5 image on a Soekris Net5501
> appliance and I was wondering if anyone has already tried successfully
> running ESXi on the Soekris Net5501 before I order the hardware?
>
> Any advice or comments is appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

So in other words, you plan to run OpenBSD on top of ESXi.  Moreover,
you plan to run ESXi on a Soekris.  This doesn't smell like a recipe for
success.  It may be possible, but the light weight nature of a Soekris
would preclude ESXi and anything as a VM in my opinion.  I don't know if
you can even boot/run ESXi on a Soekris.

Better to just to install OpenBSD natively on the Soekris and skip
VMWare altogether.

HTH,
Jim