Nick Guenther wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 6:08 PM, PJ<af.gour...@videotron.ca> wrote:
>
>> Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
>>

>> It really pisses me off that everyone assumes that the poor sap who is
>> asking for help is too stupid to have done things right and they just
>> forget that maybe the problem is in the SOURCE !
>> I know what a bootable image usually looks like... but neither of those
>> I downloaded look right.
>> Unless, of course the booting is supposed to be done in some
>> incomprehesible way from some other operating system in some mysterious
>> way that is not spelled out anywhere where I can find it, anyway. :-)
>> Sorry, but I'm ust laughing all theway back to FreeBSD... they may be
>> fucked-up but at least I can managed to figure out how to to deal with them.
>> I liked the idea of how your head honcho runs things and the general
>> response to the OS, but by gosh and by golly, Molly, somebody ai'nt got
>> the steering sheel pointed right!
>>

> That pisses me off too but a lot of the time there is something stupid
> going on. Seriously, did you check the md5? You really need to clear
> all the basics before whining around here. Like someone said, if
> install45.iso wasn't bootable in general it would have been fixed by
> now; if it isn't bootable on your particular machine that's a
> different issue, and you should post the machine's specs, possibly a
> dmesg (get one from FreeBSD?).

Nick, I' really sorry that it's going this way, but this has not been my
week or weeks even... I have two other lg dvd writer/players that are
supposed to R/W all formats... but I have never used them to boot...
now, I try it and naturally, I expect it to work as all others that I
have ever had to work.... So now I feel like I'm being beten over the
head with some kind of steel girder.
I'll try to straighten it out tomorrow as I can't deal with the store today.
BTW, I did check averything... my machines are working fine, everyting
is ok... excep this damned dvd machine.
I'll know more tomorrow.

--
HervC) Kempf: "Pour sauver la planC(te, sortez du capitalisme."
Phil Jourdan --- p...@ptahhotep.com