On Saturday 07 November 2009 18:51:03 Henning Brauer wrote:
> supermicro has atom-based systems. i have such a board an am happy
> with it.

Thank you very much for your feedback, it gave me a good overview!!!

This one looks really nice.
I think I'm gonna buy one of this model:
1) supermicro SuperServer 5015A-H
<http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1U/5015/SYS-5015A-H.cfm?typ=H>
2) with an  optional MCP-220-00044-0N to put two 750GB 2.5" HDD in it.
(running their onboard SATA  RAID 1 support)
3) with 1x 2GB ram
4) running current.

I have an additional question. The only (drawback), is that you can only put a
maximum of 2 disks in this server. If possible, I would love to expand the
storage support (get more giga/terabyte to be able to securely store my
multimedia library, via in- or external storage, perhaps via their optional
riser card (pci-e x8). I'm not a hardware expert, so I would really
appreciate your opinions/ideas about what you would do.

Kind regards,
Didier