* Didier Wiroth <dwir...@gmail.com> [2009-11-08 14:36]:
> On Saturday 07 November 2009 18:51:03 Henning Brauer wrote:
> > supermicro has atom-based systems. i have such a board an am happy
> > with it.
>
> Thank you very much for your feedback, it gave me a good overview!!!
>
> This one looks really nice.
> I think I'm gonna buy one of this model:
> 1) supermicro SuperServer 5015A-H
> <http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1U/5015/SYS-5015A-H.cfm?typ=H>
> 2) with an  optional MCP-220-00044-0N to put two 750GB 2.5" HDD in it.
> (running their onboard SATA  RAID 1 support)

the onboard raid is none, that is the usual fake raid. you can use
softraid just fine tho.

> 3) with 1x 2GB ram
> 4) running current.
>
> I have an additional question. The only (drawback), is that you can only put
> maximum of 2 disks in this server. If possible, I would love to expand the
> storage support (get more giga/terabyte to be able to securely store my
> multimedia library, via in- or external storage, perhaps via their optional
> riser card (pci-e x8). I'm not a hardware expert, so I would really
> appreciate your opinions/ideas about what you would do.

well, you can of course use the atom board in another case (giving up
the "silent" and "energy efficient" points a bit tho). there's the 4x
3.5" SATA 1U case...

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de