On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 01:28:24PM -0500, Ted Unangst wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Mike Small <sma...@panix.com> wrote:
> > You might want to try 4.5 and see if that works for you.  I have a wi in
> > an old dell laptop too that no longer got detected as of 4.6.  If anyone
> > wants to see it for some reason, I can post a dmesg tomorrow sometime.
>
> Please file a bug with more details.  If an old driver for old
> hardware that used to work stops, it's more likely a system change
> than a driver change.  ACPI is a popular victim to blame these days,
> and if the bug is something like PC card slots don't work anymore,
> that will affect a lot more people than just those still using wi.

Okay.  I have the dmesgs for 4.5, 4.6, and a snapshot from sometime
in September or October I could put in a report.  Is there anything
else useful I could collect beyond what sendbug will ask me to
enter?  It might be a couple of days.  Life's a little complicated
right now.

--
Michael Small
sma...@panix.com