On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 23:47:38 +0200 (EET)
Lars Nooden <lars.cura...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Dec 2009, Duncan Patton a Campbell wrote:
> > On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 21:51:03 -0800
> > Ted Unangst <ted.unan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> How many people are aware that any X program can listen to the
> >> keystrokes of any other X program?
> >
> > Any machine running or accessed by an X-machine is fundamentally
> > insecure to whatever level of perms the accessor has.  Which doesn't
> > mean that I don't use X, just that I assume, a-priori, that anything on
> > X is common-wealth.
>
> So everything under X should be considered available to everything else
> under X.
>
> I presume new models for displays, or new ways to get some kind of
> privilege separation for X, have been discussed to death
> already.  Is there any key discussion or publication?

I assume you've been to x.org and are asking me for a qualitative assessment
I'm not qualified to answer;-)  Over the years this issue has re-emerged
in various contexts with various proposals and I don't think any resolution
better than a "vetted" code base has been agreed.

Dhu