On 02/13/2010 04:44 PM, Kapetanakis Giannis wrote:
I did a binary upgrade to latest snapshot and followed -current.
I've seen huge improvement on server-client performance on the
msk0 (internal side) but packet forwarding didn't change at all.

4.6-release:
server max in: 300Mbps
server max out: 760Mbps
forwarding max: 400 Mbps

4.7-current
server max in: 800Mbps (almost 3 times up)
server max out: 650Mbps (this went down)
forwarding max: 400Mbps (same)

The errors on the msk0 also gone away.

I guess the external NIC (re0) is having the problem now.
It's a )$#$&%!! realtec. I'll try the DLINKs and report.

As Claudio has pointed you out, try (if you can) a better driver em(4) on good Intel hardware NICs.

I use simple Supermicro hardware with Intel NIC PCI-E and em(4) an I move around 400/500MBps without any problem.