On 16/02/10 11:41, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:

As Claudio has pointed you out, try (if you can) a better driver em(4)
on good Intel hardware NICs.

I use simple Supermicro hardware with Intel NIC PCI-E and em(4) an I
move around 400/500MBps without any problem.

Claudio was right.

Upgrading the system to 4.7-current did make a huge difference
on msk(4). This is a test active-active external firewall and unfortunately I don't have spare em(4) cards. The DLINKs-sk(4) I tried were worse than the onboard Realtec. An Intel controller will be included in my next order.

I did put all interfaces (in,out,pfsync,management) through VLANs in msk0 and I'm routing at 400-600 Mbps (wget, iperf test traffic). This is perfectly ok for my test case. I'm pretty sure that with Intel network controllers the setup will rock and beat the hell out of my Cisco 6500 with the features of pf.

Thanks all,

Giannis