On 17/02/10 03:16, FRLinux wrote:

Mmmh, you picked my interest here. You mentioned your cisco 6500 but I
guess you are going to use only gigabit NICs, so you have no need on
the 10gb range? Just asking, not trying to start a war :)

Cheers,
Steph

:)
Well not at them moment. 10G is a thought but:
a) my campus uplink does not give me 10G right now, only 1G
b) 10G Xenpack for C6500 costs around $25K if I'm not wrong.
c) The obsds will not be in front. L2 outer link will stay in Cisco (I have 24 interfaces there). 2 obsd will be connected on Cisco, filter traffic and forward back to cisco for inter-vlan routing. The obsd will carp my outer IP and the link to Cisco.

If future demands for more than 1G I will probably bond 1G cards (cheap solution) or buy a new L2 10G switch to do the link as well as xenpacks for the cisco.

best regards,

Giannis
ps. the cisco crawled when I enabled IOS firewall features (statefull).
Firewall interface == $35K.... come one now... Too much money!